Yet another research resource for Why The Monkees Matter
This silent footage from behind the scenes of a real beachside Monkee romp highlights how they were working with the crew of the show – imagine being the new teen idols on hand among a bunch of cameramen, prop men and other crafts people who had had long careers. The balance actors have to strike to make sure everyone’s happy on the set and not jealous. It was easier then since actors weren’t making the outrageous money they tend to make today – but still stars were stars.
Someone laid “Saturday’s Child” over this assorted footage – some from the romp, some from behind the scenes of filming the romp – and then, for fun, at 2:48 Micky begins singing the show’s theme song in Italian.
Previously in Out of Research Vault:
- Micky’s Many Hairstyles. Tiger Beat Magazine, 12–15, Benner, Ralph. (1968, January)
- Musical influences, the mysteries of songwriting and God.
- THE MONKEES – Clive James Talks Back interview (ITV), 4th March 1997
- Making Sense of Cultural Studies: Central Problems and Critical Debates by Chris Barker
- I Make the Monkees Clothes, 16 Magazine, Ashman, Gene. (1967, October)
- Dolenz, Jones, Boyce & Hart on The Dinah Shore Show 1976
- Micky and Peter on Nightwatch, 1986 [Video]
- Comedy Writer Treva Silverman Interview from the Emmy Foundation
- Micky Dolenz on Muppets Tonight
- Pre-Monkees Davy Jones sings “I’m Going to Buy Me A Dog” on Farmer’s Daughter TV Show
- Previously on CBS Sunday Morning: Davy Jones in 1993
- What is it? It’s the Monkeemobile! – August Chronicle, November 7, 2014
- Micky Dolenz & Peter Tork on Nightwatch – 1986
- The Monkees In Melbourne, Australia 1968 [Video]