I am very excited to be moderating another panel at the Writers Guild Foundation on…
with these fascinating female writer-creator-artists:
- Njeri Brown from black-ish and Dear White People
- Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome from Another Period
- Christine Zander from Loosely Exactly Nicole, Kevin From Work, 3rd Rock from the Sun,and Saturday Night Live
- Gail Parent from The Golden Girls, and The Carol Burnett Show AND author of one of those books I was forbidden from reading when I was in middle school, but read anyway: Sheila Levine is Dead and Living in New York.
- Moderated by Dr. Rosanne Welch (Touched By An Angel, Picket Fences, Beverly Hills, 90210)
This is going to be FUN! Hope you can join us!
From the Writers Guild Foundation
“We could all use a good laugh. Fortunately, we can all unwind with an abundance of outstanding television comedy shows that are available at the click of a button. But comedy isn’t just for the jokes anymore: an increasing number of shows tackle universal problems and surprisingly navigate us through our challenging world. And as writers rooms continue investing in diverse talent, the voices you hear from your television take on fresh perspectives.
Join The Writers Guild Foundation in partnership with Stephens College MFA in TV and Screenwriting for a discussion surrounding how women television comedy writers got their start, how they use their experiences to inform their work, and the challenges they face in the writers room.”