Beyond the Books: Writing TV Shows Based on Novels
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
7:30 PM 9:00 PM
The Writers Guild Foundation7000 West 3rd Street, 2nd floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90048
What do you do when your series continues beyond the original book upon which the show is based? On this special evening, we join forces with Columbia College Chicago to welcome a panel of TV writers who’ll discuss how they navigate the uncharted territory of writing for a show that has diverged from the original novel.
- Marissa Jo Cerar – Writer, Supervising Producer, The Handmaid’s Tale, 13 Reasons Why
- I. Marlene King – Writer, Executive Producer, Pretty Little Liars
- Stacy Osei-Kuffour – Writer, Watchmen
- Anthony Sparks – Writer, Executive Producer, Queen Sugar
- Moderated by Dr. Rosanne Welch.
Event Sponsored By